As a direct result of the MRT recommendation, Bishop Malone has agreed to a series of listening sessions across the diocese. The listening sessions will include Bishop Malone praying with the faithful, hearing their thoughts and comments, inviting discussion and offering summary remarks regarding the mission of the diocese and its parishes, schools and other organizations. The listening sessions are designed for the bishop to hear the concerns of the engaged parishioners and for them to offer recommendations for future initiatives regarding pastoral care, spiritual care and ministry.
Sessions on the following days:
- Saturday, June 8, 9:30am -11:30am – St. Gregory the Great Parish Center (Williamsville)
- Saturday, June 15, 9:30am -11:30am – St. Vincent de Paul Parish, St. Leo site (Niagara Falls)*
- Thursday, June 27, 6:30pm – 8:30pm – St. Mark’s Parish (Buffalo)*
- Saturday, June 29, 9:30am -11:30am – Archbishop Walsh High School (Olean)*
- Saturday, August 3, 9:30am – 11:30am – Sacred Heart Social Center (Batavia)
- Saturday, August 10, 9:30am – 11:30am – Nativity of Our Lord (Orchard Park)*
- Saturday, August 17, 9:30am – 11:30am – Holy Trinity Parish (Dunkirk)
*Please note date change and the addition of the Buffalo and Orchard Park sessions
Statement about Priest Convocation 2019 Priests from the Diocese of Buffalo gathered from June 4-6 at Christ the King Seminary in East Aurora for their annual Convocation. The theme of this year’s gathering was “Together: Renew, Recommit, Restore – to give you a...
The St. Thomas More Guild of Western New York recognized Canisius President John J. Hurley on Tuesday, May 7 during its annual luncheon at the Buffalo Convention Center. President Hurley received the St. Thomas More Award for his outstanding contributions as a...
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Buffalo and the Movement to Restore Trust (MRT), an independent organization of Catholic laity formed to lead a movement to restore trust and confidence in the Church in the wake of the clergy sex abuse scandal, today jointly announce their ongoing partnership through the creation of a Joint Implementation Team (JIT).
WBEN Radio interview with Bishop Malone, April 2, 2019