As a direct result of the MRT recommendation, Bishop Malone has agreed to a series of listening sessions across the diocese. The listening sessions will include Bishop Malone praying with the faithful, hearing their thoughts and comments, inviting discussion and offering summary remarks regarding the mission of the diocese and its parishes, schools and other organizations. The listening sessions are designed for the bishop to hear the concerns of the engaged parishioners and for them to offer recommendations for future initiatives regarding pastoral care, spiritual care and ministry.
Sessions on the following days:
- Saturday, June 8, 9:30am -11:30am – St. Gregory the Great Parish Center (Williamsville)
- Saturday, June 15, 9:30am -11:30am – St. Vincent de Paul Parish, St. Leo site (Niagara Falls)*
- Thursday, June 27, 6:30pm – 8:30pm – St. Mark’s Parish (Buffalo)*
- Saturday, June 29, 9:30am -11:30am – Archbishop Walsh High School (Olean)*
- Saturday, August 3, 9:30am – 11:30am – Sacred Heart Social Center (Batavia)
- Saturday, August 10, 9:30am – 11:30am – Nativity of Our Lord (Orchard Park)*
- Saturday, August 17, 9:30am – 11:30am – Holy Trinity Parish (Dunkirk)
- Wednesday, September 11, 5:30 – 7:30pm – College Student–only Listening Session, Russell J. Salvatore Dining Commons, Niagara University*
*Please note date change and the addition of the Buffalo, Orchard Park and Niagara University sessions
U.S. Bishops’ Synod Report
Movement to Restore Trust, September 20, 2022 The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) has reported back to the Movement to Restore Trust (MRT) on the Synod on Synodality submissions for Region XVI that included the MRT's report. According to the...
MRT Issues Synod Report
Movement to Restore Trust, June 23, 2022 The MRT has compiled and submitted a SYNOD report to the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. A basic question prompted and guided us: How does this journeying together allow the Church to proclaim the Gospel in...
Families of Parishes Announced;
Pilots families begin in JanuaryWestern New York Catholic, December 2, 2021After a year in the consultative process, the Diocese of Buffalo’s Families of Parishes are now finalized. A total of 36 families will be formed by the current 161 parishes in the diocese....
The Appointment of New Bishop
Statement of John J. Hurley of the Movement to Restore Trust On the Appointment of Bishop Michael W. Fisher as the 15th Bishop of Buffalo December 1, 2020 The Movement to Restore Trust (MRT), a movement of the lay faithful committed to rebuilding the Church of Buffalo...
Diocese Renewal initiative seeking Volunteers
Are You Tech Savvie? September 3, 2020 Our Temporary Administrator for the Diocese, Bishop Ed Scharfenberger is working with Leadership Roundtable and a group of volunteers to hold Zoom conversations with parishioners from all across our Diocese during the weeks of...