As a direct result of the MRT recommendation, Bishop Malone has agreed to a series of listening sessions across the diocese. The listening sessions will include Bishop Malone praying with the faithful, hearing their thoughts and comments, inviting discussion and offering summary remarks regarding the mission of the diocese and its parishes, schools and other organizations. The listening sessions are designed for the bishop to hear the concerns of the engaged parishioners and for them to offer recommendations for future initiatives regarding pastoral care, spiritual care and ministry.
Sessions on the following days:
- Saturday, June 8, 9:30am -11:30am – St. Gregory the Great Parish Center (Williamsville)
- Saturday, June 15, 9:30am -11:30am – St. Vincent de Paul Parish, St. Leo site (Niagara Falls)*
- Thursday, June 27, 6:30pm – 8:30pm – St. Mark’s Parish (Buffalo)*
- Saturday, June 29, 9:30am -11:30am – Archbishop Walsh High School (Olean)*
- Saturday, August 3, 9:30am – 11:30am – Sacred Heart Social Center (Batavia)
- Saturday, August 10, 9:30am – 11:30am – Nativity of Our Lord (Orchard Park)*
- Saturday, August 17, 9:30am – 11:30am – Holy Trinity Parish (Dunkirk)
- Wednesday, September 11, 5:30 – 7:30pm – College Student–only Listening Session, Russell J. Salvatore Dining Commons, Niagara University*
*Please note date change and the addition of the Buffalo, Orchard Park and Niagara University sessions
MRT contacted Bishop Malone on 9/5/19, asking that he resign immediately.
Holy Trinity Church, Dunkirk August 17, 2019 Summary: 90 total attendees The session opened with an opening prayer by Bishop Richard J. Malone, a reading from the First Book of Kings, intercessions, and reading of a prayer written by priests of our diocese. The...
Nativity of Our Lord Church, Orchard Park. August 10, 2019. Stephanie Argentine kicked off the session at 9:30 a.m. Bishop Malone started with a healing prayer. Approx. 80 people in attendance.
August 14 marks another milestone in the effort to bring compassion, healing and justice to victims of sexual abuse in New York State. One year ago, the Pennsylvania Grand Jury released the results of its investigation into how sex abuse claims were handled in six...
Join the discussion about the Movement to Restore Trust on September 7, 2019 in the Chapel at Blessed Sacrament RC Church, 263 Claremont Ave, Tonawanda, NY. Mass, breakfast Bible study and speakers.