As a direct result of the MRT recommendation, Bishop Malone has agreed to a series of listening sessions across the diocese. The listening sessions will include Bishop Malone praying with the faithful, hearing their thoughts and comments, inviting discussion and offering summary remarks regarding the mission of the diocese and its parishes, schools and other organizations. The listening sessions are designed for the bishop to hear the concerns of the engaged parishioners and for them to offer recommendations for future initiatives regarding pastoral care, spiritual care and ministry.
Sessions on the following days:
- Saturday, June 8, 9:30am -11:30am – St. Gregory the Great Parish Center (Williamsville)
- Saturday, June 15, 9:30am -11:30am – St. Vincent de Paul Parish, St. Leo site (Niagara Falls)*
- Thursday, June 27, 6:30pm – 8:30pm – St. Mark’s Parish (Buffalo)*
- Saturday, June 29, 9:30am -11:30am – Archbishop Walsh High School (Olean)*
- Saturday, August 3, 9:30am – 11:30am – Sacred Heart Social Center (Batavia)
- Saturday, August 10, 9:30am – 11:30am – Nativity of Our Lord (Orchard Park)*
- Saturday, August 17, 9:30am – 11:30am – Holy Trinity Parish (Dunkirk)
- Wednesday, September 11, 5:30 – 7:30pm – College Student–only Listening Session, Russell J. Salvatore Dining Commons, Niagara University*
*Please note date change and the addition of the Buffalo, Orchard Park and Niagara University sessions
Are You Tech Savvie?September 3, 2020Our Temporary Administrator for the Diocese, Bishop Ed Scharfenberger is working with Leadership Roundtable and a group of volunteers to hold Zoom conversations with parishioners from all across our Diocese during the weeks of...
5 things you need to knowDenver Newsroom, Jul 20, 2020The Congregation for Clergy on Monday published new guidelines for the world’s parishes, which aim to encourage parishes to think of themselves as missionary communities of evangelization.The guidelines do not...
The Movement to Restore Trust concluded that a bankruptcy filing by the diocese was inevitable
Archbishop Christophe Pierre tells faithful of Diocese of Buffalo he understands their concernsJohn J. Hurley, member of the Movement to Restore Trust (MRT) Organizing Committee, met with Archbishop Christophe Pierre, papal nuncio to the United States, on Jan. 31 at...
Magis Buffalo* presents: a Conversation with Fr. James Martin, S.J.Tuesday, February 18, 2020 | via live “ZOOM”6:00PM Eucharist | Light Refreshments | 7:00-8:00PM Program“What Would Ignatius Say in These Challenging Times?”James Martin is a Jesuit priest,...