As a direct result of the MRT recommendation, Bishop Malone has agreed to a series of listening sessions across the diocese. The listening sessions will include Bishop Malone praying with the faithful, hearing their thoughts and comments, inviting discussion and offering summary remarks regarding the mission of the diocese and its parishes, schools and other organizations. The listening sessions are designed for the bishop to hear the concerns of the engaged parishioners and for them to offer recommendations for future initiatives regarding pastoral care, spiritual care and ministry.
Sessions on the following days:
- Saturday, June 8, 9:30am -11:30am – St. Gregory the Great Parish Center (Williamsville)
- Saturday, June 15, 9:30am -11:30am – St. Vincent de Paul Parish, St. Leo site (Niagara Falls)*
- Thursday, June 27, 6:30pm – 8:30pm – St. Mark’s Parish (Buffalo)*
- Saturday, June 29, 9:30am -11:30am – Archbishop Walsh High School (Olean)*
- Saturday, August 3, 9:30am – 11:30am – Sacred Heart Social Center (Batavia)
- Saturday, August 10, 9:30am – 11:30am – Nativity of Our Lord (Orchard Park)*
- Saturday, August 17, 9:30am – 11:30am – Holy Trinity Parish (Dunkirk)
- Wednesday, September 11, 5:30 – 7:30pm – College Student–only Listening Session, Russell J. Salvatore Dining Commons, Niagara University*
*Please note date change and the addition of the Buffalo, Orchard Park and Niagara University sessions
The Movement to Restore Trust concluded that a bankruptcy filing by the diocese was inevitable
Archbishop Christophe Pierre tells faithful of Diocese of Buffalo he understands their concernsJohn J. Hurley, member of the Movement to Restore Trust (MRT) Organizing Committee, met with Archbishop Christophe Pierre, papal nuncio to the United States, on Jan. 31 at...
Magis Buffalo* presents: a Conversation with Fr. James Martin, S.J.Tuesday, February 18, 2020 | via live “ZOOM”6:00PM Eucharist | Light Refreshments | 7:00-8:00PM Program“What Would Ignatius Say in These Challenging Times?”James Martin is a Jesuit priest,...
Multiple local, national and international news outlets report that Bishop Richard Malone requested early retirement and that Pope Francis has accepted that resignation…
by John J. Hurley – Last December, the Movement to Restore Trust (MRT) empaneled six working groups involving about 150 Catholics who developed a series of reports and recommendations for reform in the Diocese of Buffalo.