Work Group 5
Group 5, Greater Involvement by Women/Laity
- More than half of practicing Catholics today are women. The presence of women in greater positions of authority within the administration of the diocese would be highly beneficial to the church. Undoubtedly, responsible women would have understood and advised the Bishops that no other interests could have justified exposing children to sexual abuse.
- Women participating in the governance of a diocese certainly would have given more weight to protecting vulnerable children from predatory priests than many Bishops did.
- In what other areas should women have greater representation in the Church?
- Members of papal commission on women’s diaconate make first public comments »
- Women religious shatter the silence about clergy sexual abuse of sisters »
- “Why Not an Ideal Structure” »
- “Unheard Of” by Mary Katharine Tillman »
- A look at women’s leadership—in Biblical times and today »
- The Dogmatic Constitution on the Church – Excerpts on the role of the laity within the body of the church »
- Vatican II Background For Role Of Laity And Women In Church Ministry »
- Meeting Summary, December 15, 2018 »
IT’S NOT TOO LATE TO GET INVOLVED!
If you would like to become involved in The Movement to Restore Trust please complete the form below.
Please use this form to:
- Indicate interest in participating in this initiative (even if you have not attended previous events)
- Indicate specific area of interest
- Join our mailing list
When: Saturday, January 5th, 10am – 12 noon
Tentative Topic: Prioritizing Recommendations and Developing Action Plan
When: Saturday, January 26th, 10-12noon
Tentative Topic: Finalizing Recommendations and Action Plan