Work Group 2
Group 2, Transparency about All Diocesan Operations
Transparency about All Diocesan Operations.
- How does the Diocese compare with other dioceses in terms of financial transparency? Are there things that we can do in Buffalo to improve financial transparency?
- How transparent are the entities under which the Diocese operates? Are the boards governing those operations acting as truly fiduciary bodies?
- As all resources expended for sex abuse cases come from the laity, who have contributed cash and property to the church, shouldn’t we know what has been spent to date on settlement of these sex abuse claims?
- Does the compensation fund established by the Diocese need to be re-thought to be more comprehensive? Should the deadline for filing be reopened?
- Are there best practices in place in other dioceses in the United States that should be brought to Buffalo?
Group 2 Schedule
There are no upcoming events to display at this time.
Subscribe to filtered calendar
IT’S NOT TOO LATE TO GET INVOLVED!
We continue to invite lay people, religious women and clergy of the Diocese to receive updates on our work by joining our mailing list.
Please feel free to contact us with your questions or comments via email or use our contact form.
Please use this form to:
- Indicate interest in participating in this initiative (even if you have not attended previous events)
- Indicate specific specific areas of inquiry you are interested in
- Submit questions or comments
- Join our mailing list
When: Saturday, January 5th, 10am – 12 noon
Tentative Topic: Prioritizing Recommendations and Developing Action Plan
When: Saturday, January 26th, 10-12noon
Tentative Topic: Finalizing Recommendations and Action Plan